Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

I'd like a Gin, Tonic and E.coli on the Rocks.

Maybe this is why I've been feeling so awful?

The school nurse sent this article link today along with the dos and don'ts of monsoon season in the city.  

A few of the Dos:
  • Wash your hands,
  • Drink filtered and branded water only,
  • Consume only cooked foods.
A few of the Don'ts:
  • Consume foods from roadside vendors (learned that a long time ago when I watched Outsourced),
  • Consume ice from unknown sources,
  • Eat salads in restaurants.

I thought I'd figured out when I had caught this bug (pesto sauce on some pasta) but perhaps it's also been sneaking into my water filtered water each day.  Gross!

Many American friends always think I'm strange to drink out of drinking fountains and to fill up my water bottle in bathroom sinks.  Really, the water for the most part in the U.S. is pretty great and clean. Bottled water's not necessary for the most part.

In Brazil I was careful.   In India I've been more so.  Guess sometimes though you can't battle what you can't see in kitchens and so on.

Here's to hoping this bug dies soon because I'm turning into a brat eating the B.R.A.T. diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment