Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

How you Doin' Mr. Motorcycle Guy?

It's been a long week.  A good week but a long week.

A wonderful, inspiring, kind writing consultant named Matt Glover has been working with the elementary teachers and I've gotten to tag along.  I'm growing as a conferrer.

A cold.  An upset stomach.  Grossness hit.

Every moment of each day's been busy.  Like warp speed from 7:30 - 5:30.

This isn't unique for anyone.  Really not at all. We've all had weeks like this.

Today I was feeling exhausted.  That point where you just wanna cry.

My shoulders were hunched (more than usual), my hair I knew had to be a fright and I think due to a fever I had most of the day I had that lovely pasty, pale glow.

I was waiting on the side of the road at 6:15.  It's hard to catch a rickshaw at that time of day.  A couple of ricks had stopped but said no to my destination.  Again, not atypical.

I was giving up hope.  Thinking I'd have to walk home and the day's weight would be even heavier.  The plan was to give it 5 more minutes and then I'd walk.

Then along rode a cute guy on his motorcycle.  He smiled and gave me the Joey Tribbiani, "how you doin'?" head nod.  You know the one.

I smile and shook my head. Was he serious?  I turned around to catch a second glimpse.  He did too.  I laughed.

Thanks Mr. Motorcycle Guy for the nod.  It was just what I needed and made all of the grossness, tiredness, and sickness melt away for a few minutes.    Well, that along with the rickshaw who pulled up right after you drove away and who finally brought me home.



No comments:

Post a Comment