Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tuning In

It's been just over two weeks since my t.v. was delivered.  It's sitting in the corner with the film still around the edges.  You might be thinking, "Megan, why is their film still on it?  And why would you wait that long to get your cable installed?"

Well, getting cable t.v. isn't as easy as you might think.

It all started so smoothly.  

  1. I filled out the online request. 
  2. That same day I got a call helping to set up my cable.  I was also told I could get a good package for HD which was I also happy about. Finally they told me a technician would call in the next 48 hours. 
  3. He did call!
  4. I helped to connect  the technician with my housekeeper who'd be home when he visited.  
  5. He came when he told her he would. While he was at my apartment, he noticed that the cable wire wasn't working.  He asked to check the connection on the roof.
Wanh, wanh, wanh.

That's when the obstacles started to get in the way.  
  1. The guard wouldn't let the tech go on the roof.
  2. My housekeeper tried to talk to the building secretary to get access.  He got mad.
  3. The secretary first told her that I would have to speak to him and then he changed his mind and said that the landlord would need to speak with him.  Power trippin'!
That's when I asked for help from ASB.  Melwin tried his best.  He spoke to the landlord.  He spoke to the building secretary.  Both said, "Wanh, wanh, wanh." No dish.   No HD.   This process has taken two weeks.

Today I got the number for the cable guy.  I've tried to call this number eight times.  It's been busy all eight times.   Sigh.

India's continuing to teach me patience.  Erin, I'm being aggressive with it.   I'm being reminded to tune into the wonderful things around me. There are lots of those and that's what I'm tuning into for now.

Today's wonderful thing list:
  1. Emails from fam and friends far away
  2. Writing conferences in Kindergarten
  3. Yummy dinner with a good friend
  4. Laughing out loud while reading Bobbi Jo's blog about our weekend 

No comments:

Post a Comment