Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy New Year!


Diwali Post #2.  Again, sorry about the timing being off.  This post is why I need to find a blogging host who plays nicely with my Ipad because I bring that when I travel.  Open to suggestions...

Pop.  Bang.  Honk.  Woosh.  

Honk.  Pop.  Bang.

Warmth.  Flames.  Darkness. Voices.  Light.
Goodness.

Pop. Honk.  Peace.  

Happy Diwali!

In the front garden of my hotel in Jodhpur, I'm celebrating Diwali. The Festival of Lights, the Hindu, Sikh and Jain New Year. A celebration of good over evil. A time for new beginnings and starting fresh. Gifts are exchanged. New saris are worn. Blessings are given.

The smell of the green grass is at my feet.  The bubbling fountain just steps away.  The creak of the swing is soothing.  

Three quick pops catch my attention.  

Despite all of the noise, this festival really has brought peace back into my life and reminded me of new beginnings.  I'm feeling renewed and centered and calm.  It feels quieter all around me or maybe it just seems that way being away from daily life.  
View photo.JPG in slide show
There are diyas round my door and at the top of the hotel.  On the floors are rangoli.  The marigold garlands hang between the hotel pillars.  The prayers are starting.  I hear them.  Peace seems to be holding us all tightly in her arms.  


Sparkle.  Glow.  Light.  The youngest guests and owners are twirling sparklers.  



The family that owns the hotel has invited all of the guests to join in their Diwali celebration.  

Sparklers.  Crackers.  Small fireworks.  Sweets and other treats.

Wishing you all a very Happy Diwali.  Whether it's something you celebrate or not, wishing you lots of peace and light and happiness in the new year or just to you right now.  





No comments:

Post a Comment