Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Roses are Pink and My Apartment Doesn't Stink

When I arrived home from Singapore on Tuesday, I anticipated an adjustment to Mumbai.  As we left the airplane, the differences between India and elsewhere were instantaneous. 

After riding in the van and entering my building and riding in an elevator, further differences invaded my mind and bombarded my senses.  

I opened my apartment door expecting to be greeted by a wave of hot air and stench from being empty for 5 days. Another difference.

To my surprise it smelled like roses. I turned on the lights and found these.
Beautiful, pink, belated birthday roses from my housekeeper, Espe, who's back to work this week. One of the wonderful ways that India's different from elsewhere. I love some of the differences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment