Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sweet Home Chi-mum-bai-go

Last Saturday night, I joined a few friends for Day One of the Mahindra Blues Festival.



The music was amazing.

The venue was Mahboob Studios in Bandra.  One of the big film studios, in the suburb where I live, that's tucked away behind a popular grocery store that until this weekend, I didn't realize existed. The studio grounds were great and the set-up perfect for the evening.  Complete with fancy flush port-o-potty toilets and running tap water.

There were a few different indoor stages.  We were able to get fairly close to the stage and to find friends easily.  It wasn't crowded so there was room to move, dance and get around easily.

One of my favorite moments of the night was when John Lee Hooker Junior and band sang "Sweet Home Chicago."  Got a little excited about the homage to my home.

It was a fun night with friends out dancing and enjoying music.  I didn't go back for Day Two but definitely will next year so I can hear the original "Sweet Home Chicago" and enjoy some more of the blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment