Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

American Toiletry Hoarder

This post is dedicated to Fran and Lauren who appreciate the comparisions.

I know I've written before about my great appreciation of particular toiletries. I can't help it. I just know what I like and what works with my blonde, curly hair in a city that's extremely hot and humid majority of the year. I'll admit it. I have a problem.

My toiletry loves becomes amplified living abroad. I hoard them. While majority of the world's population buys what they need as they consume it; I condense my year-long shopping experience into 10 weeks. While those of you living in the U.S. may make a weekly or monthly trip to Target, I make about three or four a year. So when you buy one stick of Secret deodorant, I buy four.

Finding my loves in Mumbai compared to Brasilia is exponentially greater. I can buy so many things here that I couldn't in Brasil so I did try to take that into consideration this time however, I still managed to have three checked bags and an extremely overweight carry-on bag with fun new tech like a bluetooth speaker and new digital SLR camera.

These are my toiletry and kitchen piles. It's bad, I know.
So what things did I bring along that I didn't think I could get here or have a particular affinity to?

  • Curly haired products,
  • Blonde hair products,
  • Face washes and products for my crazy sensitive skin,
  • Coffee,
  • Chocolate chips,
  • Peanut butter cups (feel free to send more),
  • Shoes,
  • Bras and underwear,
  • Dresses,
  • oh and lots more.
I know, I have a problem but compared to Brazil, I only brought three bags rather than four. I think I'm improving a little, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment