Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Blondie Moving Toward Bombay

On my recent Carnival vacation, I polled my friends what I should name my new blog.  When I started my Brazil blog two years ago, I made a Brazil specific blog thinking that I'd be heading back to the U.S. after living in Brasilia.  Well, fast forward those two years and now Mumbai's going to be my new home.  Mom, don't read that as home, it's just the place I'll be living.

So, when driving for four hours in an awful van that was twisting and turning along the Atlantic coast, I asked my friends and fellow van riders the question, "What should I call my new blog?"  I also added, "I was thinking about combining my blogs." 

That idea was vetoed instantly.  All believed I should make it India specific. No lame names and combinations allowed.

After considering their suggstions which included:
Menina in Mumbai (Girl in Mumbai)
Bombay Bombshell
and several others, I went with Sam's rec.  Yeah Sam, you can feel special.
So, as I transition between Brazil, the U.S. and India, I'm going to start sharing my thinking here.  I'm going to keep my Brazil blog going until I leave in June but have had a lot of thinking lately that ties between both countries or is specific to India and needed a place for it.

Here's your official welcome to my latest writing and life adventure as a blonde by bottle who's heading toward life in Asia among the usual rickshaws, temples and this time add some elephants and camels for fun.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Excellent choice. And congrats on the first entry! We'll throw you a homeblogging party this weekend. :) Love you! AP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing it all through your eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete